Wednesday, November 3, 2010
The Rehearsal
This post is not OCD related. This evening, my mother, grandmother and I went to visit my Aunt Cindy who is in the hospital today. She is suffering from a degenerative disorder of her cerebellum and today she experienced an incident that the doctors are currently trying to determine were the result of a stroke or seizure. She was lucid and fine one minute and then the next minute she was "gone" in the sense that she doesn't remember what happened I couldn't think of a better description than "black out" (even though I hate that term, I think because of my connotation with it and someone blacking out because they are drunk which she def was not....ne ways) and when she came to, she had no idea where she was and who she was with (her caretaker Maria) so understandably so, this scared her. A few minutes passed, slowly as it would when you have no idea who you are and where you are and why you are where you are....and she "came back" or "came to." As a result of this, her caretaker took her to the ER and the doctors decided to keep her and run some CT scans on her to determine what is going on. It seems that this is just a further progression into the degeneration, this "leaving and coming back" and that is hard to accept :( But, I am also beginning to feel, believe and have faith in that maybe, this "short exit and re-entry" is her soul rehearsing where is needs to go next and something deep inside me ignites when this concept arises and I feel it's truth so in those moments, I am no longer fearful for her but I feel peace as her soul rehearses her to peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment