Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"To do lists"

My issue with my to-do lists is that I know I need them they help me get things done but they stress me out so badly because, if I can't complete something at the moment I write it down or shortly after, it sticks to me and agitates me until I complete the task.  Sometimes, these tasks are not things that can be done in an hour, a day or a week, and sometimes they can but...I don't have the time or energy to do them because I'm tired and drained from the day and I feel like that is somehow my fault or I'm unappreciative for even saying that "I'm tired and drained from the day." 
For example, I am planning on ordering from Etsy, wall art decorations for my daughter's room but my husband and I still have to decide what exactly we want....so, it's not going to be ordered for awhile and every time I get on the internet I feel like I need to do something that will enable me to get closer to getting this done even though, I don't have all of the information yet and my husband needs to help me so I feel like I can't do anything else on here until that's done, because tasks go in order (even though they actually don't), then I beat myself up for becoming so drained from a task and not enjoying the nature of the task itself as much as I should or even just appreciate being alive, that I can plan this task, walk to the computer to order it, have money to order it.....all the things I could appreciate more and I don't and because of this I'll somehow been shown what I'm missing...
My most difficult "to do" is accept myself, as a person, a human, who gets caught up in tasks sometimes because this is what I've been conditioned to do in this current world and see that I'm doing my best...because I am and Love myself anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment