Sunday, October 3, 2010

Along came a Spider....

After rocking our daughter to sleep, I left her bedroom and went into the kitchen where I saw a Spider.  I used to never kill spiders I saw in our house or even remove them...I just let them go along their way hoping they enjoyed the stay until I had our daughter.  Now every bug I see I imagine it harming her...mosquito (which I admit I did kill because I hate being bit) is carrying Wes Nile and is out to bite our daughter in her sleep, a moth is going to get into her ear....a spider is a rare poisenous one that is going to kill her in her sleep (even a Daddy Long Legs....it may be that one whose mouth can open large enough to bite, letting loose into her small helpless veins its deadly poison) so I try to erradicate anyone I see ASAP.  But...I have to release them outside because, I don't want to cause another living thing harm for fear that if I do, I will be harmed back.  So, I see this spider who looks harmless but he is clear in color and being very fast as I approach which I conclude is a sure sign of aggression and this spider is a major predator in my house hunting my sleeping baby...so I try to coax it onto the top of  my shoe so I can release this murderer outside but he is not cooperating so I take that as another form of aggression, so I stomp him with the shoe, oooh and it's a struggle, I have to hit him three times before his belly is smashed and then, I feel AWFUL and I picture his spidery mom and siblings waiting for him in their home under our deck hoping he makes it there safe and I think...what is that spider was Aubrey and someone smashed her, so, now instead of a murderous eight legger with a hunger for babies...he's an adventurous yet naive young spider who went on an exploration and was squashed by a shoe with no sense of compassion by me....Sorry Peter Rabbit of the Spider World

No comments:

Post a Comment