Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No Doubt

My back is killing me I have yet to make an appointment with a massage therapist because I feel like I don't have enough time or deservance (is that even a word?) so instead of doing Yoga while Aubrey is taking a nice long nap, I treated myself to continuing on one of my 4 books I am reading currently on Kindle and the one that is like saving your favorite item on your plate for last....Portia De Rossi's Unbearable Lightness.  Reading her book is so soothing to me.  While her struggles take different twists and turns they are, as I expected as soon as I watched her on OPRAH and felt an immediate connection to her mental struggles also from a similiar if not the same dark source.  I also wonder while I read her extremely articulate and elloquent words not to mention brave words....if people unlike me are taken aback at some of her thought processes that she conceptualizes in writing (so well) while I am comforted, almost hugged by her kindred struggles within her mind.  I am also so impressed with the detail she uses to describe and convey situations in her life and career even though some happened many years ago....those situations she is able to bring up where you're in the scene but apart of you also takes a step away and watches, and this part says to the person in the drama's midst "oh crap, you are never going to be the same as you were before this moment and it's going to be pretty dim for a bit" (to put it lightly). 

No comments:

Post a Comment